Monday, July 5, 2010

Your lack of online submissions disturbs me...

So two of the most illustrious Sci-fi short story markets - Asimov's and Fantasy & Science Fiction - only accept submissions via snail mail. This cuts me deep. I would like to be published in these two circulations, but I have to print. And mail. And wait. I'm a child of the electronic age! I demand instant satisfaction!

Though it wont stop me from submitting. They're top notch pieces, and if it takes a little extra work for somebody to even submit a piece... well, cowboy up. Nothing worth having ever came easy.

The first thing I submitted was to F&SF, and it was rejected. A little slip of paper that said "I'm going to have to pass on this one. It just didn't work for me". A form letter, yes, and I paid for the postage to have that slip sent to me, sure. But dammitall, it had my name on it and the name of the story. It's hanging on the wall by a strip of tape, but one day it will be framed next to my first acceptance letter.

Wordslinger-117 out.

No comments:

Post a Comment