Saturday, July 3, 2010

I'm not a writer, dammit!

Really, I'm not. Writers are those guys you see in coffee shops, wearing black turtle necks and writing on laptops. Okay, so maybe I own a black turtle neck. And maybe I am currently writing on a laptop.

But I write genre. Genre! Science fiction western! Post apocalyptic survival! Zombies! I'm not a writer. I'm just a guy who writes.

Does that make sense?

So far tonight, I've submitted three short stories to three different magazines and ezines. Mostly for peanuts. At this point, I'll take a letter saying "I like what you did, we'll publish it and you'll get nothing."

Nothing?! Yes, thank you very much, I would LOVE nothing!

So I'm starting this blog to recount my experiences as a twenty-something guy who just wants to write. Share my experiences: excitement and adventure at every turn! Low paying jobs! A girlfriend with a PhD (who is way smarter than I am)! Escaping New York! Okay, so only one of those is a downer. But they're exciting, yes?

If it helped keep that Julie and Julia lady sane, maybe it can do the same for me.

It's past 3:30 AM. I'm going to bed.

Wordslinger-117 out.

1 comment:

  1. MICHO

    Word up. Are you guys settled in yet? And are you guys busy on August 8th? It's a Sunday.

    ReplyDelete